Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA)
ComCor has a zero-tolerance policy regarding sexual assault/rape and sexual misconduct of any type. Participation in sexual activity on grounds is strictly PROHIBITED and is subject to sanctions under ComCor rules. ComCor has designated a PREA Coordinator to oversee, coordinate and monitor compliance with PREA Community Confinement standards.
ComCor clients have the right to be safe from sexual abuse, sexual assault, sexual harassment, or sexual misconduct regardless of whether the client is heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or transgender. Clients have the right to be safe from unwanted sexual advances and acts. Clients also have the right to say “NO” to pressure to engage in any type of sexual activity. In addition, clients have the right to report any sexual attempt and/or sexual assault immediately.
All reports of sexual behavior will be initially investigated by ComCor staff. Any incident involving potentially criminal behavior will be immediately forwarded to the Colorado Springs Police Department for criminal investigation and possible prosecution.
Reporting Procedures for Sexual Assault/Rape and Sexual Misconduct
CONFIDENTIALITY: All staff members are required to keep the reported information confidential, except to report the information to the appropriate superiors.
If a client has been a victim of sexual assault or sexual misconduct, witnessed or has knowledge of any incident of sexual assault or sexual misconduct, the information should be reported it in writing or verbally in any one of the following ways:
- Speaking in person with a staff member.
- Mailing a note or letter in a sealed envelope to a staff member.
- Directly giving a note to a staff member.
- Contacting TESSA
- Notifying the Colorado Springs Police Department.
- Logging a complaint with the 4th Judicial District Attorney.
- DOC clients my call the DOC Tip Line at 1-877-362-8477.
- Contacting ComCor’s PREA Coordinator at 719-473-4460
- Contacting ComCor’s Senior Facility Manager at 719-434-4490
Knowledge of any sexual activity or misconduct can also be reported by a third party.